A reminder of the new bell schedule:
8:35 - 8:50 - Morning Recess
8:50 - 11:45 - Morning Classes (Recess 10:30-10:45)
11:45 - 12:30 - Lunch (Recess 12:30-12:45)
12:45 - 3:40 - Afternoon Classes (Recess 2:15 - 2:30)
- To ensure the safety of our students, we need families to ensure they are using the appropriate drop-off areas for their children. In addition, please remember school zones are 30 km/hour and there are no U-turns in front of our school zones. The street is clearly marked where you are allowed to stop and park. Students are not permitted to walk through the staff parking lot, even with an adult. Please do not park, wait for your child or walk in our staff parking lots.
- All visitors should check in at the main office upon arrival.
- Families are encouraged to use Edsby as their main form of communication with the school.
- Please contact the office if you need assistance setting-up Edsyby.
- All student absences should be reported to the office. Edsby is recommended to excuse your child from school. Please call the office if you cannot enter an absence on Edsby.
- Please sign up for a SchoolCash account if you have not already done so. Soon, student fees for agendas, field trips, lunchroom, etc…will be added to accounts. https://rbe.schoolcashonline.com/
- Extra-curricular activities are back! Cross-Country running has started and Volleyball will be starting soon.
Marion McVeety Community Council
- Our amazing Marion McVeety School Community Council (MMCC) had its first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, September 6. Our next meeting is the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, October 19th. More information will be communicated soon. We would love to have more families join the MMCC and more information will be provided on Thursday, September 22 at our “Meet the Families” and Family BBQ
“Meet the Families” Night and BBQ
- SAVE THE DATE – Our “Meet the Families” Night and family BBQ (Open House) is scheduled for Thursday, September 22nd. 5:00-5:30 families can visit the classrooms for our staff to meet our families. From 5:30-6:30 PM is a family BBQ. More information will be sent home soon.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation/Orange Shirt Day
- Orange Shirt Day will be recognized on Thursday, September 29th. The staff and students will be involved in several activities this month. Please note there is NO SCHOOL on Friday, September 30 the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. It is a day to acknowledge Canada's colonial history and the legacy of residential schools.
- Orange Shirt T-Shirt (optional): Anyone wishing to purchase an orange shirt may do so from Freshly Pressed Printing at the following link below. Sizes range from youth small to adult 3XL. Orders will be accepted until Friday, September 9th or as long as supplies last, and shirts will be delivered to schools and the Division Office at no extra cost.
Letters from Division Office
VTRA Fair Warning Letter
- Regina Public Schools are committed to treaty all students with dignity and respect. Safe and comfortable learning environments are a priority.
- Please take a minute to read the letter linked below.
September 6, 2022 – Letter from our Director of Education
Please do not hesitate to contact the school anytime if you have any questions.
email@example.com or 306-791-8492