The MMCC is made up of parents/guardians of Marion McVeety Elementary School (McVeety) students, local community members, the McVeety principal, and some McVeety staff members. The purpose of the MMCC is to act as a representative for parents and the school community and to be a liason to bring the advice of parents/guardians and the community to the attention of the school administration and the Regina Board of Education. MMCC also encourages parent and community engagement in the learning and well-being of students.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MMCC MEMBERS
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the educational program at McVeety and in the community;
- Discussing education-related and school specific issues for current year and into the future;
- Advocate for safety, nutrition and improved learning resources;
- Coordinate with McVeety administration and Regina Board of Education on school-related issues;
- Governance of financial matters including budget management and funding allocation.
- Development and execution of fund raising initiatives (magazine orders, etc.) to secure items/programs to enrich our students school experience (ie: school gym equipment, technical supports for literacy and numeracy, etc.)
- Coordination of family-friendly events ;
- Coordination of special events;
Getting involved with the MMCC is a great way to stay informed about what is happening at the school. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet and get to know some of the administrators, teachers, and other parents in our school community. It also provides you with the opportunity to directly impact your child’s school by providing input and opinion on relevant matters.
MMCC Meetings will be held virtually this year. The meeting will generally run for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If you wish to have the link sent out to you to join a MMCC virtual meeting contact the MMCC at firstname.lastname@example.org. The MMCC will send you a meeting link so that you are able to be part of the meeting.
Marion McVeety Community Council
Annual general meeting and elections
(with regular monthly meeting to immediately follow)
When: 6:30 PM on the following dates:
Where: Virtual Meeting on Zoom (for an invitation and a link to the meeting, send an email to email@example.com one day prior to the meeting)
School Attendance Area: Bordered by Albert Street on the West, 23rd Avenue on the North, Wascana Parkway on the East, and Parker Avenue to the South.
Everyone is welcome. We hope to see you there.