Marion McVeety Community Council (MMCC)
The MMCC is comprised of parents/guardians of Marion McVeety Elementary School (McVeety) students, local community members, the McVeety principal, and some McVeety staff members. The purpose of the MMCC is to act as a representative for parents and the school community and to be a liaison to bring the advice of parents/guardians and the community to the attention of the school administration and the Regina Board of Education. MMCC also encourages parent and community engagement in the learning and well-being of students.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MMCC MEMBERS
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the educational program at McVeety and in the community;
- Discussing education-related and school-specific issues for the current year and into the future;
- Advocate for safety, nutrition and improved learning resources;
- Coordinate with McVeety administration and Regina Board of Education on school-related issues;
- Governance of financial matters including budget management and funding allocation.
- Development and execution of fundraising initiatives (magazine orders, etc.) to secure items/programs to enrich our students' school experience (ie: school gym equipment, technical supports for literacy and numeracy, etc.)
- Coordination of family-friendly events ;
- Coordination of special events;
Getting involved with the MMCC is a great way to stay informed about what is happening at the school. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet and get to know the administrators, teachers, and other parents in our school community. It also allows you to directly impact your child’s school by providing input and opinions on relevant matters.
- Wednesday, November 15th, 2023
- Wednesday, January 10th, 2024
- Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
- Wednesday, March 6th, 2024
- Wedesday, April 10th, 2024
- Wednesday, May 8th, 2024
- Wednesday, June 5th, 2024
2023-2024 Marion McVeety Community Council Executive
Marion McVeetty School Community Council Meeting Minutes
School Attendance Area: Bordered by Albert Street on the West, 23rd Avenue on the North, Wascana Parkway on the East, and Parker Avenue to the South.
Everyone is welcome. We hope to see you there.